Universal Electricity Mod for Minecraft 1.7.4 / 1.7.2 / 1.6.4 & 1.5.2
The Universal Electricity mod for Minecraft that adds a new API which features greater mod compatibility and communication. This allows players to create mods with a better, more intuitive universal power source. It also works with a number of other great mods already in existence.
What it Brings to the Game for Modders
This mod adds a new API called Universal Electricity. This makes designing custom mods simpler, both for the mod creator and its users. It does this by adding a more convenient central electricity system. In reality, this “mod” is really not a mod, at least not in the traditional sense. It is more of a library or a framework that allows multiple mods to use the same system of electricity/energy while still retaining each mod’s independence. Using this mod helps guarantee that your creation will be compatible with other great mods. This is important because, after all, a mod that is compatible with other fun mods will be far more attractive to players than a mod that clashes with others.
What it Brings to the Game for Players
Instead of having multiple different power sources in different mods, this allows players to have just one central power system. This makes using mods that are more complicated easier and more intuitive. It also helps smooth out bugs that often occur when using mods that have independent power systems.
Some of the Great Mods that Use Universal Electricity
Here is just a small sample of mods built with Universal Electricity. In order to use any of these mods, players will need to first install the Universal Electricity mod.
- Assembly Line With so many different mechanical mods, each needing tons of different parts, it is difficult to find time to hand craft each one. With the assembly line, these processes can be automated
- Atomic Science Create fusion reactors and particle accelerators and never again run out of power
- ICBM This mods adds a wide range of explosives to Minecraft, including intercontinental ballistic missiles
- Biotech Allows players to build advanced agriculture systems with automated tools and even genetic manipulation
- Galacticcraft With this mod, players can now explore space!
- Fluid Mechanics Offers a liquid handling and transport system as well as mechanical motion systems
- MineChem Introduces chemistry to the Minecraft world, with this players can decompose materials into basic components and eventually back into to new materials
- And many more great mods!
How to download & install:
- First of all download and install the Minecraft Forge Universal
- First of all, you want to start of with a fresh Minecraft.jar
- Go download and install the mod! Open the mod with WINRAR.
- Open your Minecraft.jar with WINRAR and drag and drop all of the .zip files from the mod into the folder!
- Delete the annoying META-INF file, doing this lets the mod run smoothly! It’s an important step because if you do not do this, you will get a black screen and will have to start again!