Special Armor Mod
The special armor mod for minecraft adds a variety of new suits of armor and other body protection with benefits beyond just damage reduction. This particular mod adds special capes, helms, armor, and even a new special substance to the game’s item variety.
How to Make Pork Fly (and Other Amusing Armor Combinations)
The special armor mod for minecraft introduces several new items to craft. The more interesting and unique additions are features below.
- Cape Allows you to glide for short distances. Recipe: 2 Feathers + 6 Leather
- Diving Helmet Allows you to breathe underwater while worn. Recipe: 1 Glass + 7 Iron Ingots
- Fireplate One of the cooler additions, fireplate gives you total immunity to fire and lava. Further, you generate a burning aura out to 2×2 squares which ignites enemies. Pressing “G” increases this aura out to 5×5, while holding it down for a bit before releasing augments this aura even further (max of 15×15). Recipe: Flint and Steel + Lava Bucket + 6 Iron Ingots.
- Magic Boots These special boots transmogrify certain blocks into a different type of block after passing by them. Water freezes into Ice, Lava solidifies into Obsidian, Dirt is purified into Glass, Cobblestone becomes Cleanstone, and ore blocks become pure blocks (with 1 ore of the relevant type spawning above the block). Recipe: 4 Magic Substance. Magic Substance is crafted by combining a Lava Bucket, Water Bucket, Redstone, Snowball, and Stone.
- Obsidian Plate This body armor makes you totally immune to falling damage. Recipe: 8 Obsidian
- Slime Helmet Allows you to crawl along ceilings. Recipe: 3 Slime Ball + 2 Iron Ingots
- TNT Plate You can become a human bomb, immune to the explosion you generate by pressing G. Recipe: 8 TNT
- Jetpack Allows you to fly instead of jumping. You are also immune to fall damage and effects which boost your movement speed apply to your jetpack’s flight speed. Recipe: 2 Rockets (2 Iron Ingots + Gunpowder) + Jetpack Middle (5 Iron Ingots + Gunpowder)
- (Cooked) Pork Armor Donning the complete pork regalia (head, body, legs, and feet) restores 1/2 a heart each second (or 1 heart if it’s all cooked). Recipe: Enough Porkchops or Cooked Porkchops to make a Helm, Armor, Leggings, and Boots.
This mod is the perfect addition for the player who values functionality over protection in his or her armor options.
How to download & install:
- Download Modloader and Special Armor Mod.
- Locate the Minecraft.jar file and Open the file with 7zip or Extracting program.
- Put all of the files from Modloader into Minecraft.jar including Special Armor Mod file and folder.
- You need to delete the folder name META-INF.
- Enjoy your Special Armor Mod.