More Mobs Mod for Minecraft 1.7.2 / 1.6.4 & 1.6.2
When you’ve reached the point in Minecraft where Creepers and Zombies are no big deal, it’s time to shake things up a bit courtesy of the More Mobs mod. This mod adds over 20 new creatures to the game, bringing back those times when Minecraft felt fresh and exciting.
Bigger Is Better
The More Mobs mod adds a variety of creatures to every region of Minecraft, ranging from the surface and underground to end game regions like The Nether and The End. Not all included creatures are enemies either, as some are added just give the game more variety while others will trade with you.
The More Mobs Mod includes 13 new animals and, while these animals don’t provide any new items, they serve to help break up the monotony of a world populated largely by cows, sheep and ducks. Animals will spawn randomly on the surface, similar to animals already found within the game.
Here are just a sample of the new animals you’ll discover upon loading the More Mobs mod:
Normally, humans in Minecraft all look the same and don’t serve much of a purpose outside of providing variety and life to a village; however, this changes with the More Mobs mod for Minecraft. The added humans in the More Mobs mod will perform daily jobs in addition to trading the inventory they accumulate with items that you have.
The mod adds the following humans to the game:
The More Mobs mod adds a variety of enemies to every region in the game, including The Nether and The End, fleshing out what is otherwise normally desolate areas. The included enemies are of a much higher difficulty than those already found within the game, providing not only extra variety but extra challenge for veteran Minecraft players.
- Dark Zombie
- Green Ghost
- Lava Snake
This is only scratching the surface of what the More Mobs mod adds. Once you start using this mod, you’ll wonder how you ever played the game without it!
How to download & install:
- Drag the into_minecraft.jar folder out of the downloaded .zip-file
- Open start and fill in %appdata% in the text bar. On windows XP or lower click run and then type in %appdata%
- Go into /.minecraft/bin/minecraft.jar (on most computers this file is just called "minecraft")
- Open minecraft.jar with winrar or 7zip
- Drag all files inside the manual installation folder to minecraft.jar
- Delete META-INF. This is a folder inside minecraft.jar
- go into into_.minecraft/resources/newsound and copy the "moremobsmod" folder into .minecraft/resources/newsound !!THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT STEP!!
- Close minecraft.jar, open minecraft and ENJOY!