Normal beings tend to lose limbs when you hack at them with swords, but in vanilla Minecraft monsters just fall over dead when defeated. This Mob Amputation mod by iChun finally makes limb loss a reality. This mod provides exactly what it delivers: decapitation and amputation of the upper limbs.
The mod currently provides these effects on:
- Zombie Pigmen (with blood)
- Zombies (with blood)
Once skeletons have lost a limb, they start attacking like zombies and walk straight for you rather than attempting to continue attacking you with arrows, which is a bit of an improvement as far as difficulty is concerned.
Currently, there are a few options that can be toggled on and off to change the experience of this mod. As a default, each tool has a percentage associated with it’s chance of amputation per strike. This can be changed by selecting the option that increases these to 100%. Any mobs that are decapitated will die after a little while, though this can also be changed.
- Amputating using projectiles breaks occasionally, even with 100% dismemberment toggled on.
- The mod turns off if you leave the world and re-enter it without restarting your game.
- Has been known to cause frequent game crashes upon installation.
- Certain health mods will display bars for the health of each limb.
- (Spoiler) It is possible to decapitate yourself using third person mode.
There’s not a whole lot to this mod, but it achieves its purpose which is to add a little more reality to the fighting in Minecraft. When used in combination with the Dismemberment mod, you can have yourself a body parts party.