Equivalent Exchange 3 Mod for Minecraft 1.7.2 / 1.6.4 & 1.6.2
Arguably the best Minecraft mod out there, Equivalent Exchange 3 allows you to take junks blocks (such as dirt, sand, and gravel) and exchange them for items that are more valuable. However, it is not just limited to dirt, sand, and gravel; any material can potentially be transmuted into another material. In addition, it adds countless new items and recipes to really spice up your game.
How Equivalent Exchange 3 Works
Much like you might guess from its name, this mod takes number of a particular material and swaps them for something else. Now, this is not to say you could swap a dirt block for a diamond. No, no, you still have to earn. It would take many stacks of dirt (which are very low value) to get diamond (which, of course, is high value). This keeps much of the challenge of Minecraft without the headache of always having to rely on luck to find the materials you want. So, you get the convenience of taking a rather useless material and, instead of say, throwing it into a pit of lava, exchanging for something better. Plus, you do not have to spend as much time spelunking endlessly hoping to randomly stumble upon that rare material you desperately need.
Is That It?
No, not by a long shot. This mod adds tons of new items. In fact, it has its own extensive wiki dedicated to all the new items and recipes it adds. This includes special “End Game” items such as Dark Matter Tools (which are made with diamond for handles and dark matter for the tool tips) and Dark Matter Armor. There are also a number of new, unique chests and furnaces. There are even alchemy items. If this all sounds like too much, do not worry, the mod’s wiki has a very easy to follow guide to help get started.
A Few Examples of New Items and Item Classes Added with this Mod
- Covalence Dust: A special building block that works a bit like a magical sort of redstone
- Divining Rod: Helps you locate oars and elements
- Talisman of Repair: Restores durability
- Alchemical Chest: An expansion the regular Minecraft chest. It can hold your entire inventory and then some.
- Philosopher’s Stone: Magic!
- Transmutation Tablet: Lets you convert materials
- Energy Collector: Takes light and turns it into fuel
- Antimatter Relay: Makes a special, rare fuel for more advanced recipes
- Nova Catalysts: Hyped up TNT
- Destruction Catalyst: Nova Catalysts all grown up
- Amulets and Gems: Give you crazy new powers like spawning unlimited lava wherever