Divine RPG Mod for Minecraft 1.7.4 / 1.7.2 / 1.6.4 & 1.5.2
At one point or another as a Minecraft player, you’re likely going to be inspired to create your own dungeon or campaign world based off of a video game or even a tabletop RPG (like Dungeons & Dragons or Ironclaw). The good news is that the Minecraft mod community has heard this desire and has provided an awesome and extensive new mod for the aspiring dungeon master or dungeon crawling hero.
A Greatly Expanded Armory
The Divine RPG Mod for Minecraft offers a massive list of new weapon varieties and shapes for defeating your enemies.
- New Melee Weapons This mod adds 36 new types of melee weapons in the game. Further, some are tridents, knives, or mauls, rather than just being a suite of different swords.
- New Ranged Weapons This mod adds 9 projectile weapons, such as Shuriken and Grenades, 12 bows, 14 projectile-firing weapons like cannons or blasters, and 18 projectile weapons with infinite ammunition.
- “Arcania” Weapons These magical weapons can only be obtained by trading a certain amount of Arcania pieces with a specific NPC. There are 15 such weapons in the game, both melee and ranged classifications.
- Tinkered Weapons There is a comparatively small list of 14 weapons (both melee and ranged) which can be modified in one way or another, all of which have a snow/ice motif.
- New Armor Suits While not as extensive as the added weapons list, this mod adds 21 sets of armor for the head, torso, legs, and feet. Additionally, the mod offers special holiday-themed costume armor sets (Skeleman, Jack-O-Man, Wither Reaper, and Santa).
- Vethean Equipment This mod adds a new material type, Vethean lumps, which can be used with an Infusion Table, to modify and augment your weapons and armor. There are 95 different types of Vethean equipment.
- New Grub This mod adds 17 new food items, with additional Vethean infusions yielding 7 more.
Dungeoncrafting and Dragonslaying
Given all the new ways of slaying monsters that this mod grants you, it makes sense that it also adds a bunch of environmental effects to both create and aim to destroy.
- New Block Types and Construction Elements This mod adds colored glass panes and blocks, colored stone stairs, new fences, unique and fantastical new varieties of Pumpkin, several new varieties of ore which can only be mined within special dimensions, dimensional gateways, over 100 new varieties of general block, new chests, and even blue torches.
- New Monster Varieties Giant cyclops monsters (and even smaller two and three headed varieties), massive black longhorn bulls, unicorns, and even stalk-eyed horrors reminiscent of something out of Space Invaders will challenge and threaten you.
With the exhaustive list of news weapons and armor, as well as 5 new dimensions to explore, you would be well served for installing this particular mod.
How to download & install:
- Drop the DivineRPG jar in your mods folder. Make sure you have a compatible version of Minecraft Forge installed.