Damage Indicators Mod for Minecraft 1.7.4 / 1.7.2 / 1.6.4 & 1.5.2
The Damage Indicators mod for Minecraft adds much-needed health bars and other labels to mobs and characters in game. Forget trying to manually count, or worse, guess how close you are to defeating an enemy, with this mod knowing other’s health points is clear and easy.
For Pete’s Sake! How Many Hits Can One Mob Take?
As any person who has played a combat game knows, the key to planning a successful battle strategy is knowing the strength of your opponents. Currently, vanilla Minecraft has no ready means of tracking anyone’s hp (health points), other than the user’s own hearts bar (which, of course, only tracks your own health). In order to know how many hits an mob takes, players currently have to either count and keep track of this information on their own, or just guess and hope. When a player is running low on health, lacking full armor, or has armor and/or weapons that are low on durability, battle turns into very risky business indeed. Using the Damage Indicators mod can help players in such situations by allowing them to better assess their chances in taking on various mobs. It is also useful for learning which weapons and tools really do the most damage. Plus, it just a convenient feature to have, especially when taking on a boss or engaging in some PvP.
Name Display and Hostility
In addition to displaying other’s health bars, also lets the player know if a mob is hostile, neutral, or passive. Damage done by players is also shown with a yellow number that appears after attacking. Splash potions/poisons used in combat will, in addition to showing initial damage, add an icon below the enemy’s health bar. This icon shows the potions/poisons active effects. This also applies to any healing effects applied. Health points regenerated will also be displayed with an on-screen number. Besides adding a health bar, this mod also shows the mob’s name along with a picture of said mob. The same goes for other players in PvP.
Other Added Features
- Customizable Settings: Adjust what you do and do not want displayed on-screen
- Custom Textures: Players can download or make different textures for these new information bars, for examples, users can models it after World of Warcraft’s enemy health displays
- Cross-Compatibility: This mod automatically attempts to identify and display new mobs added by different mods by searching for the proper data in its files. Players can also manually enter or fix this information, ensuring a more universal compatibility with Damage Indicators
How to download & install:
- Delete the META-INF THEN copy everything inside the zip into your .minecraft/bin/minecraft.jar (You can edit it with 7zip (recommended) or WinRAR.
- This will just be ‘minecraft’ if your os has file extensions disabled(they are disabled by default).
- Run after installation to make sure everything is running fine, and this will also create the necessary folders so you can’t mess that up.
- Delete all your configs before updating from an old version, including the Advanced Directory!
- Download DamageIndicators Mod and put it in your .minecraft/mods folder.