Chocapic13 Shaders Mod - 1.7.2 / 1.6.2 / 1.5.2
Minecraft was made to be just a simple game, and so the only shading that was really worked on had to do with how far light can reach and at what angles. However, Chocapic13 Shaders mod was designed to add a bit of beauty and realism to the game and has changed this a bit. Let’s take a look at how this can effect your gameplay experience and why this mod could be a great enhancement.
Water changes was one of the biggest alterations to the game with this mod. As you know, although Minecraft does an amazing job with their cube water, it doesn’t have much realism to it. This is due to the lack of reflection. The mod actually adds reflection into the water. When you look down into a lake, you’ll see a watery image of yourself looking back. Trees will be mirrored in the water, along with every other nearby object. This adds a bit of realism to the water and makes it more aesthetically pleasing. This not only effects sitting bodies of water, but rain as well. You won’t be able to see yourself in the reflection of rain, but it will reflect light just like in real life. This can create rainbows in the sky and other cool light reflection images, making it look like real life rain! Not only has reflection been added into the game, but there is another new factor that you can normally see in real life. Unlike in vanilla Minecraft, real life has things get wet when it rains. With this mod, the shading of objects will change to add a damp feel to the world. This will last until a period of time has passed once the rain stops.
Water isn’t the only part of the game that this mod alters. However, it doesn’t change everything automatically, and actually gives you some choice as to what your world will look like without forcing you to accept either all the changes or none of them. Through the interface menu that will be added with the mod, you will be able to select the changes to your world. This feature is unique because most mods don’t give you an option like this, but rather will make all the changes themselves without your input. This can be a nuisance. Some of the options include the following:
- Mipmap Level
- Rain Speed
- Custom Colors
- Chunk Update
- Lazy Chunk Update
- Advanced Opengl
- Smooth FPS
- Smooth World
- Cloud Height
You probably don’t know what most of these options do, but that’s okay. You are able to mess with them one at a time to see which ones you like and which you don’t while you learn about their functionality. Some of the options won’t be optimal for you due to your type of computer, while others may be great!
How to download & install:
- Download and install Optifine HD
- Download and install GLSL Shaders Modified Mod
- Download Chocapic13 Shaders Mod
- Drag and drop into your minecraft.jar the files for your minecraft version
- Drag and drop the content of the “tp” folder into your favorite texturepack and turn custom colors on optifine settings
- You are now able to use one of the “original” presets : go into the “shader” folder then into the “original” folder and choose a performance preset. Open the folder corresponding to the performance preset you choose, open this “shaders” folder and drag and drop all the .fsh and .vsh files into your minecraft.jar/shaders.
- To change shaders simply replace the content of the shaders folder for another shader preset.